March 2014 | Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon
Grilled Salmon Recipe Ingredients
- • 8 salmon fillets or one whole skinless salmon side
Salmon Marinade Ingredients
- • 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- • 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- • 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- • 3 tablespoons honey
- • 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- • 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- • 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- • ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- • 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- • 3 cloves garlic, minced
- • ½ cup rum
- • ¼ cup orange juice
- • ¼ cup pomegranate juice
For Brushing While Grilling
- • ¼ stick melted butter mixed with 2-3 tbsp honey
Rinse and pat dry the salmon. Place it (pieces or whole) into a large resealable plastic bag. In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the marinade ingredients. Mix well and pour over the salmon in the plastic bag. Remove the air from the bag and seal tightly. Marinate the salmon in the refrigerator for 8 hours to overnight.
Soak a cedar plank (of the right size) in water for at least 2 hours.
Remove the salmon from the marinade, quick rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
Place the salmon on the wet soaked cedar plank. Grill the salmon for 12 minutes per inch of thickness on a medium hot grill, or until salmon just flakes with a fork. Brush salmon with honey butter every 5 min.
Remove the plank with the fish on and place on a sheet of aluminum foil, fold the foil edges onto the plank without touching the fish. Bring it to the table to serve.
Goes well with steamed or grilled vegetables, grains, potatoes.